Fuzzy Deviled Eggs

Now that Easter is over and you are like me, you have a ton of leftover hard boiled eggs!  According to the experts, they are only good for one week if they have been refrigerated properly. For me, that means mine are good until tonightšŸ˜³.  So, today I am making up a batch of deviled eggs.  Good old fashioned deviled eggs, with a very fuzzy twist!

I'm traditional when it comes to deviled eggs.  I like them made with mayo (not salad dressing), mustard, salt, and pepper.  My grandmother, used to shave a bit of fresh nutmeg in and over the top as garnish.  She said that was the secret to good deviled eggs.  Every since then, I have always shaved some in just for her.  This year, I found my own secret ingredient.  Are you ready for it?  Drum roll..........Fuzzy Dust!  If you have never tried it, you are missing out!  Fuzzy Dust is a delicious salty blend of spices that Fuzzy's Taco Shop sprinkles over their tortilla chips.  It is ADDICTIVE!!!  And so, so, so, delicious!

For those of you who have a Fuzzy's Taco Shop near you, you can buy your very own shaker of Fuzzy Dust for about $5.99.  You won't be sorry.  We love sprinkling it on nachos, quesadillas, and tacos.  But we really love sprinkling it on popcorn! And scrambled eggs!






 I know you know how to make deviled eggs, but I'll run through the recipe quickly just for fun!


First off,  have I told you that I am in LOVE with these ceramic dishes that look like egg cartons!  I see them everywhere and am tempted to buy them in every color.  The only problem is I never know what to do with them when it isn't Easter.  Don't these colored hard boiled eggs look so pretty in it?  Why not serve deviled eggs in it?  It just came to me!  I'm slow like that sometimes.



Hard boil eggs.  Cool and peel. Cut them in half and scoop out the yolk.  Mash the yolk with some mayo, mustard, pepper and Fuzzy Dust.  It's that simple!  Fuzzy Deviled Eggs!


I put our Fuzzy Dust on a little pink pedestal, 'cause that's how good it is!


If you're being fancy because you're making a blog post then put your smashed up yolk mixture into a piping bag with a large tip.  If not, you can put it in a zip-lock bag and snip the tip for a small opening.  Or, just smush it in with a spoon because these eggs will be gone in minutes!


Don't forget to sprinkle your finished product with more Fuzzy Dust!  Aren't these pretty!


Don't forget to follow us on Instagram!

What's your secret ingredient for deviled eggs?

We would love to know in the comments below!


Comments

Popular Posts