Washi Tape Boxes

Mother's Day is right around the corner.  So I thought I'd share a cute and easy activity you might do with your little tutus.  These little washing tape "gift boxes" would be the perfect thing to hold a small  present or note to grandma.

If you are like me, washi tape is fascinating!  I want it in every color, size and design!  The problem is, I really don't know what to do with it.  Until now!  My friend uses it to seal birthday party invitations and Christmas cards.  I loved her idea so much I had to "borrow" it from her.  My threenager  is so in love with it that we gave her a big box full of it for Valentine's day.  She got right to work!  I've never seen her so focused and so quiet.  I went straight to Pinterest and found so many cute ideas with washi tape.  One of my favorites is these little toilet paper "boxes".



This is our toilet paper and paper towel roll stock pile that we keep hanging on the back of the playroom door.  My daughter loves adding to the collection so much that we have had to tell her that we don't need to keep every single one.


To make some cute little gift boxes simply pick a few of your favorite washi tapes.  



Next, start wrapping it around your toilet paper or paper towel roll.  


When you are done, gently press each side of one end in so that the tube is closed.  Repeat with the other end.  



There you have it!    A cute little gift box that your little will be proud to say they made.  



Don't forget to follow us on Instagram!

What's your favorite use for washi tape? Toilet paper rolls?

We would love to know!  Please leave us a comment below. 

Comments

Popular Posts